We joined Nik Kavanagh, Data Lead and Therapist at the Young Person’s Advisory Service (YPAS), on stage at the Open Forum “Right Care: Right Time” conference in June 2022 to deliver a case study about the work they do in Liverpool. Nik provided an overview of the support that YPAS offers on Merseyside and their role as part of the Liverpool CAMHS partnership.
YPAS is a charity that works to improve the mental health and wellbeing of children and young people citywide. In 2021 alone, YPAS provided therapy and support to 49,901 children, young people and their families across three YPAS community hubs and in primary and secondary schools. Their services include:
- One-to-one support
- Video therapy sessions
- Telephone consultations
- Crisis drop in services for children, young people and their families, to promote instant access to care with no wait time
YPAS recognised that to provide the best care to children and young people, they would need a digital care record system that could support their practitioners and service teams to deliver a range of therapeutic interventions across community hubs, schools and other locations. Read the case study below about why they chose iaptus CYP.
The leading digital care record for child and adolescent mental health services:
As Data Lead, Nik outlined 5 functions of the iaptus CYP digital care record system that YPAS have found to be really impactful to their service:
1. One of the key benefits of iaptus CYP is that it is cloud-based, enabling YPAS teams working across community locations to securely access records and add data at any time, from any location.
2. YPAS is able to successfully submit monthly Mental Health Services Data Set (MHSDS) data to NHS Digital, including Routine Outcome Measures (ROMs) for children and young people, as well as reporting to local NHS commissioners.
3. Since YPAS started to use the Appointment Reminder SMS in iaptus CYP, the number of missed appointments has reduced by over 50%.
4. The Hypercube reporting function in iaptus CYP provides YPAS with essential information and data extraction to identify trends, themes and patterns.
5. Data available in iaptus CYP can be used to support applications to expand the charity’s services. For example, YPAS had the chance to apply for funding to establish a new crisis drop-in service for 16-25 year olds. They were able to provide data from iaptus CYP that was vital to securing the funding.
Register for our upcoming CYP webinars & events:
- We are hosting a webinar for child and adolescent mental health services on the 25th of October to provide an overview on how our iaptus CYP digital care record can help you to report on the MHSDS, provide support for the Whole School Approach and streamline your service.
- Join us and our next guest speaker for the the sixth in our ‘sharing and learning’ webinar series for health professionals supporting mental health in education settings on the 4th October.
- We are headline sponsors of the Open Forum Children and Young People’s Mental Health: Right Care, Right Place, First Time conference on November 17th in London, where we will be joined by leading experts to identify the way forward towards improved care and support for children and young people.